Re: [gnome-db] API Changes

2007/1/13, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com>:
On 1/13/07, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:
> 2007/1/12, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>:
> > On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 14:17 -0600, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
> > > I plan to do the following API changes:
> > >
> > > In libgda:
> > >
> > > gda_query_field_is_parameter to gda_query_field_get_is_parameter

I supose this chante is Ok done.

> > > gda_entity_field_get_g_type to gda_entity_field_get_data_type

I'd prefer you don't change that las one as it's a kind of
"convention" in the Libgda's API (I mean get_g_type to get a GType),
to avoid confusion because "data type" can also refer to the
GdaDictType or the DBMS type.

may be get_data_g_type enstead?, this is just to help in C# binginds

> > Sounds good to me.
> >

> I'm preparing the patch...
>
> > > A sugestion:
> > >
> > > Could I move the gda_dict_field_set_dict_type as a virtual method in
> > > GdaEntityField (as a gda_entity_field_set_dict_type)?
> > > This is to avoid some errors in API autogeneration in C# bindings
> > > (there are other methods to avoid this using Gda.metadata rules, then
> > > this isn't a problem).

Ok, as there is already a get_dict_type() method.

Ok done.

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los
cuates: LIBRE)