Re: [gnome-db] Glib requirement

On 2/27/07, Piotr Pokora <piotrek pokora gmail com> wrote:
Johannes Schmid <johannes schmid gmx de> wrote:

Hi!

> As maemo only has glib 2.8 it would be good if we could cut down the
> requirement but I don't know who G_TYPE_GTYPE could be replaced in a
> nice and type-safe way.

I recently built libgda2 armel debs without any problems.
I do not use them as I updated dependancies to libgda3, though.

Currently you can not install libgda ( whichever version ) on N770
( no idea about N800 ) as libxlst package is incompatible with nokia's AM.
It's an section issue IIRC, ( libs VS user/libs ).

Recent versions of libgda don't require libxslt at all (it seems the
libgda.spec.in files still has them though, which is wrong).

Are you going to build libgda armel debs ?

I've never tried to make some .debs, I just made sure it compiles from
the sources; I don't plan to do this is a foreseeable future.

I created debian packages for libgda 2.99.5 on my box.
Far from being perfect , but at least I have libraries from self made packages ;)

Could you send patches to apply to the SVN version of libgda so the
debian/ directory is up to date?

Cheers,