Re: [gnome-db] Glib requirement

On 2/26/07, Johannes Schmid <johannes schmid gmx de> wrote:
Hi!

libgda currently requires Glib 2.8 in configure.in. Anyway, it won't
build on systems with glib <= 2.10 because it uses G_TYPE_GTYPE (in
gda-column.c) which was added with glib 2.10.

As maemo only has glib 2.8 it would be good if we could cut down the
requirement but I don't know who G_TYPE_GTYPE could be replaced in a
nice and type-safe way.

It has recently been changed to G_TYPE_GTYPE from G_TYPE_INT so you
can safely change it back to that. However the change was not made
completely because the signal marshaller is still marshalling
integers. I'll revert to the previous state.

I've myself already managed to compile both libgda and libgnomedb on
the maemo (the simulated X86 target, not the AMTEL as I don't have a
N770 or a N800), but I did not have the time to go further and make
the necessary modifications for the GUI parts (I'm thinking about the
GnomeDbRawGrid which does not display column headers).

Regards,