Re: [gnome-db] gda_server_provider_create_operation ()

On 2/26/07, Piotr Pokora <piotrek pokora gmail com> wrote:
Piotr Pokora <piotrek pokora gmail com> wrote:

Hi again,

> What exactly should be in GdaParameterList when I want to execute
> gda_server_provider_create_operation with
>
> GDA_SERVER_OPERATION_CREATE_TABLE
>
>  * how tablename should be defined?

I think I found all answers already on this list and in libgda sources :)

What exactly should be in GdaParameterList when I want to execute
gda_server_provider_create_operation with

GDA_SERVER_OPERATION_CREATE_TABLE

 * how tablename should be defined?

and with GDA_SERVER_OPERATION_ADD_COLUMN

 * how index should be added?
 * how table_name and type should be added?

Is GdaParameterList important here or should I add sequences
using gda_server_operation_add_item_to_sequence?

Just a small additional explanation I had started to draft to answer you:

The GdaServerOperation object can be considered as an object which
stores values associated to named keys (a bit like a hash table) where
the keys are defined by each provider for each type of supported
operation. The provider then takes the GdaServerOperation, fetches the
values associated to keys it needs and performs the action (usually by
creating some SQL and executing it, but it's not always the case).

Cheers,