Re: [gnome-db] autoconf/make issues under mSys/MinGW

On 2/13/07, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 15:11 +0100, Brecht Sanders wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm still struggling to compile libgda under mSys/MinGW.
> For those who are not familiar with this environment, it is a gcc
> compatible environment for the win32 platform (also exists for Linux for
> cross-compilation for win32), which has all the required tools for
> compiling (sh, make, autoconf, gcc, ...).
> I already made all the latest versions of depenancies of libgda.
> The following compile issues I was able to work around, but these
> probably still need a good final solution:
>
> ============
>
> file:       libgda/gda-parameter-list.c
> problem:    compilation failed on unknow type "uint"
> workaround: add "-Duint=guint" to CFLAGS
> see also:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-db-list/2007-January/msg00038.html
> solution:   replace "uint" with "unsigned short"
> status:     to be fixed

Please put a patch for this (and anything else) in bugzilla.

I've modified that locally; it'll go with my next commit.

> ============
>
> error:      /usr/bin/env: perl -w: No such file or directory
> workaround: ln -s `which perl.exe` '/usr/local/bin/perl -w'
> solution:   change autoconfiguration script to generate "#!/usr/bin/env
> - perl -w"
>             instead of "#!/usr/bin/env perl -w"
> status:     to be fixed

Could we have some more context for this error, please. Presumably it's
some script that needs to not hard code it's perl path. That can be
fixed.

Yes, in the GTK+ sources, the configure.in file defines PERL.

Cheers,