Re: [gnome-db] New release soon

What do you think about to have a GdaApp object?

You know about the "Easy GDA" functions, but they have the problem
that when you call a function they create a GdaDict and update it each
call, if I create a GdaApp it can holds this object and update it,
then you don't need to create a new one and update it each time.

For example, you can call gda_add_row, with the GdaConnection object
crated by gda_open_connection, then you can create a GdaApp using
gda_app_new, and it will expects the same as in gda_open_connection
parameters, creates the GdaConnection and assings to a new GdaDict
object (this objects could be holded by the GdaApp one), then you will
call gda_app_add_new with with the GdaApp pointer, then this function
will use the GdaDict holded by GdaApp and not create a new one or
update.

2007/2/12, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com>:
On 2/12/07, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-02-08 at 13:57 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > I'll do another tarball release of libgda and libgnomedb 3.0 soon,
> > unless there's any more changes that will be checked in soon.
>
> I just released the libgda and libgnomedb 2.99.4 tarballs.
>
> The NEWS entries are still long, but hopefully things are calming down
> now.

They should... From my POV, I need to do those 3 things before a stable release:
* correct the SQL parsers for some corner cases
* add support for formatting in strings and texts data entries
* add more tests when one runs "make check"