Re: [gnome-db] query_condition

"Vivien Malerba" <vmalerba gmail com> wrote:

> > ** ERROR **: file gda-query-parsing.c: line 1647 (parsed_create_value_query_field): assertion failed: (gdatype != G_TYPE_INVALID)
> >
> Which version of Libgda are you using?

2.9.55
I will compile 3.0 ASAP.

> > Use case: I want to create query condition object and pass it as function argument.
> > Query object is created in this function so I can not set condition's query property.
>
> Why then don't you pass the string ("colA='abc' AND colB=1")as an
> argument? This way you could first create the query object, and the
> the condition object.

Yes exactly. That's why I tried with gda_query_condition_new_from_sql.

> > Also is there any simple example for query_condition usage?
>
> You'll find some example usage in Mergeant's sources.
>
> > This part of API is incomplete and reading and analyzing sources is the thing I want to avoid.
>
> Can you tell me what you need there?

This is what I do not know cause I can not imagine "the big picture" of condition usage :)
gda_update_value_in_table source seems to be helpfull but for example I have no idea
what gda_query_condition_leaf_set_operator () does as it exists only as function definition
in docs without single additional word.

Piotras