Re: [gnome-db] query_condition

On 4/26/07, Piotr Pokora <piotrek pokora gmail com> wrote:

Hi!

How should be gda_query_condition_new_from_sql used?
I try this:

cond = gda_query_condition_new_from_sql(query,
                        " colA='abc' AND colB=1 ",
                        NULL, NULL);

and error thrown:
** ERROR **: file gda-query-parsing.c: line 1647 (parsed_create_value_query_field): assertion failed: (gdatype != G_TYPE_INVALID)

Which version of Libgda are you using?

Is there any possibility to instatiate query condition without query and sets its query later?

No, as the query is needed by the constructor.

Use case: I want to create query condition object and pass it as function argument.
Query object is created in this function so I can not set condition's query property.

Why then don't you pass the string ("colA='abc' AND colB=1")as an
argument? This way you could first create the query object, and the
the condition object.

Also is there any simple example for query_condition usage?

You'll find some example usage in Mergeant's sources.

This part of API is incomplete and reading and analyzing sources is the thing I want to avoid.

Can you tell me what you need there?

Cheers,