Re: [gnome-db] Fwd: gbase64 dependency?

What about to use a #ifdef / #endif, that put out the code in gbase64.c/h file if the user has a GLib 2.12. Or even consider not to use the gnome-db-entry-pict.c at present time, but allows to compile if 2.12 is present? Is realy necesary that plugin?

2006/9/12, Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com>:
On 9/12/06, Daniel Espinosa <esodan gmail com> wrote:

> I found that in gnome-db-entry-pict.c are a directive #include "gbase64.h"
> and a reference to include in the Makefile.am that file and a gbase64.c, but
> in the lastest CVS there's not any file with it, then the compile fails.
>
> But more, in the gnome-db-entry-pict.c exist a reference a function called
> g_base64_decode and that function just exist in GLib 2.12, and I have just a
> GLib 2.10 (ubuntu dapper), I thing you need to deprecate the use of that
> function, use a equivalent or include with a sentences #ifdef / #endif to
> ensure that that plugin doesn't compile on systems that don't have that
> function.
>
> This is important, becouse may at the near future GDA must compile on
> systems that just have a 2.10 (or even early based in LSB), that allways is
> (I not sure) one or two versions before the lastest version avairable.
>
> Sorry for the previus email.

I manually added gbase64.[ch] copied from glib 2.12 because I did not
want to set a dependency on that version now, but I forgot to add them
to CVS. I realize now that I'll also have to change the function
names.

For now here they are attached (I've slightly modified them to remobe
further dependencies).

Cheers,

"de grano en grano, se hace la arena" (R) (entrámite, pero para los cuates: LIBRE)