Re: [gnome-db] constraints

On Wed, 2006-10-18 at 20:45 +0200, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> On 10/18/06, Stian Skjelstad <stian nixia no> wrote:
> > Hello everybody
> >
> > I'm fairly new for this project, but I have some questions. What is
> > happening with this thing
> >
> > GDA_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_CONSTRAINTS
>
> Using this feature, Libgda returns a list of constraints on a table.

I should probably make my own app that uses libgda directly aswell :-p

> > I atleast can't see any foreign keys for instance in emergeant on my
> > mysql database.
>
> Mergeant uses Libgda's dictionary and does not directly use
> get_schema(GDA_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_CONSTRAINTS). The fect that you don't
> see your foreing keys could come from:
> - your dictionary is not up to date with the database, in which cas
> you should sync it with the database
> - you are using an old version of libgda/mergeant.
> - this is a bug.
>
> Could you tell me which versions of libgda/libgnomedb and mergeant you
> are using? If you want I can make some tests if you send me at least a
> part of your database structure.

I used the cvs head (like 4-5 days old now), and when I tell mergeant to
sync against the mysql database, I get this:

Implementation missing: database_constraints_update_list() in
gda-dict-database.c line 1167

And no forreign keys is visable. I want to fix the mysql provider to
support mysql 4.x foreign keys, but in order to implement it, I need to
trigger the function that reads them, and it never got hit. Just got the
message above.

Stian Skjelstad