Re: [gnome-db] prepare_create_database() and perform_create_database()

On Fri, 2006-12-15 at 15:53 +0100, Vivien Malerba wrote:
> On 12/15/06, Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com> wrote:
> > I am trying to change gda_client_prepare_create_database() so that it
> > takes the database name and sets this DB_NAME "parameter", but I still
> > see no example of the use of this function, and I can't see how I am
> > meant to set these "parameters" on a GdaServerOperation.
> >

> There is no example that I know of which demonstrates that, the only
> documentation is the doc. API.
>
> However here is what you can use:
> GValue *value;
> value= gda_value_new_from_string ("the_db_name", G_TYPe_STRING);
> GError *error=NULL;
> gda_server_operation_set_value_at (op, value, &error, "/DB_DEF_P/DB_NAME");
> gda_value_free (value);

gda_server_operation_set_value_at() doesn't take a GValue for that
parameter:

gda_server_operation_set_value_at (GdaServerOperation *op, const gchar
*value, GError **error,
				   const gchar *path_format, ...)

I can't figure out what parameters to actually give to that function
from looking at the documentation. Is "value" a property name, for
instance?

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com