Re: [gnome-db] 2.0

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 12:14 +0200, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 10:23 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > > I'm going to release 2.0 soon, so please if you have something that
> > > needs to go in, let me know so that I wait till you commit it
> >
> > Have you decided that this should not be dealt with?:
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-db-list/2005-August/msg00031.html
> >
> > It would be very difficult to fix it later without breaking applications
> > that depend on the broken behaviour.
> >
> for #310226, I think guchar is the best thing, since binary is composed
> of bytes. So, could you please resend your patch using guchar?

Thanks for fixing these things.

You probably want the guchar* argument to gda_value_new_binary() to be
const guchar*. const is mostly meaningless for complex types in C, but
it makes sense to use it for simple types like this.

Also, if you insist on using GdaBinary (I'd kill that struct) for
gda_value_set_binary(), then you might as well use it for
gda_value_new_binay() too.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com