Re: [gnome-db] libgda/libgnome & multi-platformability

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 12:44 +0200, Gour wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya (rodrigo gnome-db org) wrote:
>
> Hi Rodrigo!
>
> Thank you very much for your reply.
>
> > both libgda and libgnomedb 1.2 compile cleanly on MS systems, without
> > cygwin. libgnomedb has some things disabled on the Win32 version.
>
> That's great to hear :-)
>
> > About libbonobo, we are reducing its usage a lot in 1.9/2.0, so it
> > should be possible to make a better porting work now.
>
> That also sounds optimistic.
>
> > No one though is maintaining the Win32 build, except for some fixes
> > once in a while, so we'd need someone to look at it, as well as to the
> > Mac OS port, and build regularly, send patches, etc
>
> Well, if the 2.0 makes it easier, let's hope there will be some souls
> eager to do/maintain the Mac OS & Win32 ports.
>
> afaic, I'll be satisfied to try to provide a Haskell bindings and with
> Win32 & Mac OS ports, this will just make for (hopefully) wider usage of
> libgda/libgnome libs.

you can start doing the bindings for the 1.9/2.0 versions in UNIX, and
then, we'll see how we get the win32/mac os ports of everything working.

> Thank you very much for your efforts in providing gnome-db project.
>
> ot: I emerged mergeant-0.62 on my amd64 Gentoo box, but it's pretty
> unstable and I get constant crashes. Tried to ask on irc but got no
> response, and the problem is that I cannot emerge it with 'debug' flag
> and I believe that non-debug bt is not so useful?

yes, please use the CVS HEAD version, and try compiling and debugging
that.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>