Re: [gnome-db] libgda/libgnome & multi-platformability

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 08:45 +0200, Gour wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm considering (after acquring some more skills 'cause I'm still
> learning the language :-) to add a Haskell bindings for libgda/libgnome
> to the Gtk2hs (http://haskell.org/gtk2hs) project.
>
> Gtk2hs bindings are multi-platform in the sense that it's possible to
> write GTk2hs application that works on Linux, Win32 & MaC OS.
>
> So, I'm interested to hear what is the prospect of having
> libgda/libgnome running on Win32 & MaC in terms of required libs
> (components) like bonobo etc. ?

both libgda and libgnomedb 1.2 compile cleanly on MS systems, without
cygwin. libgnomedb has some things disabled on the Win32 version.

About libbonobo, we are reducing its usage a lot in 1.9/2.0, so it
should be possible to make a better porting work now. No one though is
maintaining the Win32 build, except for some fixes once in a while, so
we'd need someone to look at it, as well as to the Mac OS port, and
build regularly, send patches, etc
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>