Re: [gnome-db] libgda/libgnome & multi-platformability

Rodrigo Moya (rodrigo gnome-db org) wrote:

Hi Rodrigo!

Thank you very much for your reply.

> both libgda and libgnomedb 1.2 compile cleanly on MS systems, without
> cygwin. libgnomedb has some things disabled on the Win32 version.

That's great to hear :-)

> About libbonobo, we are reducing its usage a lot in 1.9/2.0, so it
> should be possible to make a better porting work now.

That also sounds optimistic.

> No one though is maintaining the Win32 build, except for some fixes
> once in a while, so we'd need someone to look at it, as well as to the
> Mac OS port, and build regularly, send patches, etc

Well, if the 2.0 makes it easier, let's hope there will be some souls
eager to do/maintain the Mac OS & Win32 ports.

afaic, I'll be satisfied to try to provide a Haskell bindings and with
Win32 & Mac OS ports, this will just make for (hopefully) wider usage of
libgda/libgnome libs.

Thank you very much for your efforts in providing gnome-db project.

ot: I emerged mergeant-0.62 on my amd64 Gentoo box, but it's pretty
unstable and I get constant crashes. Tried to ask on irc but got no
response, and the problem is that I cannot emerge it with 'debug' flag
and I believe that non-debug bt is not so useful?

Sincerely,
Gour

> --
> Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>