Re: [gnome-db] PATCH: gda_postgres_remove_row.

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 14:21 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 20:27 +1000, Bas Driessen wrote:
> >  If however
> > you will start a similar release cycle as you did with 1.0.x vs 1.1.x
> > where there will be a release in the not to distant future, then I am
> > happy to go with that. So if possible, can you please give some estimate
> > release dates of the new 1.2.x vs 2.0.x (or 1.3.x) road map?
> >
> hard to know, but we'll try to release unstable versions (1.9.x) as
> often as possible. In fact, it would probably be a good idea to do them
> like every 2 weeks or every month.

I would opt for a monthly developer/unstable release cycle. This gives
me (and everybody else) the option to once a month test the products
build around libgda with the latest (development) version of libgda and
make changes to the code in case of API changes for instance and/or
report issues back to the list. In case of show-stopper bugs or after a
couple of big roll-ins of new code, extra releases can obviously be
made. 2-week releases is probably just a bit too much on everybody's
busy agenda (unless this process can be automated for the person(s)
cutting the release). I like the way the libxml2 project (xmlsoft.org)
is managed for example with a monthly release cycle.