Re: [gnome-db] PATCH: gda_postgres_remove_row.

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:23:00 +1000, Bas Driessen <bas driessen xobas com> wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  Attached a patch for the remove_row method for Postgres. I made changes in
> 2 areas:
>
>  -1 data_model_hash implementation. In order to keep track of rows removed,
> I introduced an array to keep track of the active rows in a data model. The
> beauty of this is, that removed rows now physically do not show up in the
> data model. So all rows after the removed row will be renumbered without
> loosing their link with the original source like the Postgres cursor for
> instance.
>
>  -2 postgres recordset implementation. Added the remove_row functionality
> (among other changes see ChangeLog for that).
>
>  Attached patches for both head as 1.2. Please review. I have hit it very
> hard and so far I could not break it.  If patch is approved, all Postgres
> users should test against the latest cvs to find out if they run in any
> problems. If so, let me know the issue(s). I will continue testing in the
> next couple of days.

I have patched my own version of libgda HEAD with that patch (and with
the new one: guess_table_name) and I can commit them to HEAD if you
want. We can wait a bit longer before commiting them to 1.2 branch if
you want to do some more testing (I don't have time to do some
myself).

Thanks,