Re: [gnome-db] Future characteristic

 --- Vivien Malerba <vmalerba gmail com> escribió:
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 13:40:13 -0500 (CDT), Daniel
> Espinosa
> <esodan yahoo com mx> wrote:
> > Looks good.
> >
> > I want to help in the GnomeDbForm port from
> Mergeant,
> > then when you'll have an snapshot in the CVS? Or
> can I
> > help with the source of Mergeant?
> >

> I'd like to have a bit more feedback before actually
> starting the
> Libgnomedb/Libmergeant merge. I'd like to start that
> merge before mid
> november, though.

What do you mean with "more feedback"? Is it about the
merge proporsals?

I'm developing some small programs for my job, then I
want to have the libgnomedb with the enough
functionality to work with forms, then I would like to
help first with the merge (principaly in that area).
That is in the future may I don't need to change any
with the code becouse the API used in the application.

> Mergeant's code is quite small (basic count is under
> 10000 lines) and
> easy to understand (in ${topdir}/frontend). If you
> want to help with
> Mergeant, then there are several small things you
> can start with:
> * Query editor cases,
> * Query creation druid,
> * mergeant startup options,
> * translation strings cleanup,
> * MySQL, Oracle, etc testing (I do all the work with
> Postgres)
> * user documentation improvements

Why don't to merge in CVS, and work with the
improvements for the next realese; and may I can test
the API with some applications for feedback and
sugestions.

> > Do you have any help (becouse when I install the
> > mergeant code I haven't the DevHelp help) to know
> how
> > mergeant works or need?
> >

> If you have gtk-doc installed, then the
> documentation and the .devhelp
> file should be created. Even if you don't have
> devhelp installed, you
> can browse through the generated HTML files which
> should be in
> ${topdir}/doc/libmergeant/C/html/index.html
>
> If you have some problems with the doc, I can send
> you a tarball of
> the HTML doc.
>
> There is a small sample (and a bit outdated) example
> about how to use
> the Libmergeant library; the corresponding source
> code is in
> ${topdir}/examples/SampleApp.tgz. Last time I
> checked it did compile
> and execute correctly.
>
> You could help with Libmergeant by noting the things
> which seem
> incoherent to you, so I could correct them when
> doing the merge (or I
> could correct the documentation). Any remark or
> question is welcome.
>
> Hope this helps you getting started,
>
> Vivien

OK.

=====

Trabajar es la mejor arma para tu superación.