Re: [gnome-db] GRAND MASTER PLAN

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 03:33, Ryan Pavlik wrote:

> Yeah, the downsides of this you have already partially named.  Not
> available on Windows (or Mac OS X), the biggest (in my mind) porting
> targets, as they have significant user share, and a uniform office
> suite/application between platforms can do nothing but help us.
> <snip rest of message due to the fact that I am completely unqualified
> to offer further opinion on the DB matters>

This is the key point of the original development of AbiWord: freedom to
choose its platform... (in fact I'd say for at least one, the constraint
of not being able to use a free platform).

In the mean, this also plague us for quite some time as there are key
feature that require cross-platform development, like embedding objects.

Hub