[gnome-db] proposing libgda/libgnomedb as part of the GNOME platform

Hi

I have been thinking for a long time about maybe proposing libgda and
libgnomedb as part of the GNOME developer platform.

This will involve us following GNOME release schedules (1 every 6
months) and commit to the UI, string and code freezes at the same time
than the rest of GNOME modules. This will put on us a bit more pressure,
since we'll have to be a bit more strict on how and when we do the
releases, and when we add new features, etc.

On the other side, it will give us much more visibility, and will allow
many of the GNOME apps that use those libraries to have that support
compiled in always in a default GNOME setup. It will allow also to
propose at a later time applications like Mergeant, Glom, etc

So, what do people think? Should we go ahead and propose it for
inclusion, or just continue to be a part of GNOME Office and ship only
with that?