Re: [gnome-db] libgnomedb usability patch

On Sat, 2004-01-03 at 17:14, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> yes, but I think it needs more context to be confusing, users will
> expect Database->New on the providers tab to create a new provider. So,
> what about having Database->New->Data Source in the menu?

Agreed.  I'm writing the ChangeLog and then I will commit the patch.

> > Nevertheless I am a bit frustrated with the current UI of
> > gnome-database-properties. I think that in the future we should revise
> > the UI in order to remove the notebook.
> >
> yes, in fact, I dont think we really need the providers tab, since there
> is nothing to do with them apart from looking at their information. So,
> what about removing that tab and allow access to the providers' info
> from another place?

Yes this is a good idea.  I will also check how it is done in Microsoft
Windows, and propose some ideas.

But before that I would like to implement our updatable data model
interface in the postgresql provider (and I don't forget you Paisa :p).

Cheers,

--
Laurent