Re: [gnome-db] libgnomedb usability patch

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 19:21, Laurent Sansonetti wrote:
> > this should probably also be disabled when you switch to the
> > providers tab, since currently there is no way to add new providers
> > from that GUI.
> >

> Mmmh I don't agree, since this option does not require the user to
> select the data sources tab.
>
> Options which are disabled while switching from one tab to another are
> related to a selection on the list (ex: Database/Properties).
>
> Database/New does not need a selection.

yes, but I think it needs more context to be confusing, users will
expect Database->New on the providers tab to create a new provider. So,
what about having Database->New->Data Source in the menu?

> Nevertheless I am a bit frustrated with the current UI of
> gnome-database-properties. I think that in the future we should revise
> the UI in order to remove the notebook.

yes, in fact, I dont think we really need the providers tab, since there
is nothing to do with them apart from looking at their information. So,
what about removing that tab and allow access to the providers' info
from another place?