Re: [gnome-db] What about GTK+ 2.4

On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 18:07 -0600, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
> Some time ago a send a patch for the GnomeDbCombo to
> use the GTK+ 2.4 library GtkComboBoxEntry, more
> flexible and powerfull from the old GtkCombo (< 2.0),
> but I need to change to have a solution (with #ifdef)
> to use the 2.4 only when avairable... OK (I can't find
> this changes, and I haven't access to the CVS behind
> the proxy in my company to get a fresh copy and
> produce the diff file).
>
> The cuestion is: Why don't to migrate to 2.4?

we want to migrate, but we don't want to force people to have GTK 2.4,
since a lot of people still don't use it AFAIK. That's why the need for
the #ifdef'ed code.

> Yesterday was realesed the 2.6 version, I see a great
> oportunity, becouse now you can have a combobox inside
> the GtkTreeView, then you can create a very powerfull
> applications that edit fiels using external references
> from other table ('select one of the options'). This
> version y API/ABI compatible with 2.4, then why don't
> use it! (Create a powerfull GnomeDbGrid with edition
> options)

yes, send patches for changing it, but as I said, we want to keep the
code compilable with previous versions also.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>