Re: [gnome-db] When 1.2 version will be ready?

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 19:09:50 -0700, Neil Zanella <nzanella gmail com> wrote:
> Out of curiosity, why do such widgets require gnome?
> Couldn't you just make some GTK ones instead?
> That way we could all use them under Windows
> as well.

The libgnomedb library requires GConf and some parts will use the
GnomeCanvas. A Little work would be required to make sure it works
without GConf (some of this already exists in parts of the code), and
for the GnomeCanvas it will hopefully be replaced by something based
on Cairo in some (distant?) future version of GTK, so for now it would
mean de-activating the GnomeCanvas widgets.

Another solution would be to make GConf and the Gnomecanvas work under
Windows as well.

So if you want to have a GTK only version of libgnomedb, then it's not
really a lot of work, but rather a work in which not many are
interrested. I personnaly don't care to have a Windows version because
I don't use it, but I'd be happy to have libgnomedb work on Windows if
someone makes the work!

Cheers,