[gnome-db] Connection strings

Is it correct that connection strings depend on the provider
I use?

gda_client_open_connection has "dsn" argument, does this only
work with odbc based providers? I am only familiar with db
access in windows so I have no idea if an odbc layer even exist
for linux?

Are gda providers just a wrapper on drivers developed in other
projects?

gda_client_open_connection_from_string has "provider_id" and
"cnc_string". Where do I find the list of provider ids? again
how would I go about finding the format of a cnc_string connection
string?

I want to use the mono gda wrapper, but it seems undocumented.
Is any1 planning to provide this documentation?