[gnome-db] epoch and spec file for libgda

Hi,
I was curious why installing libgda and libgda-devel as rpms claimed
dependency problems. Basically libgda-devel would claim libgda wasn't
install when in fact it was. This problem exists for 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 and
may exist in other versions (I've only checked those 2). A --nodeps can
be used to force the install, but that's just avoiding the issue.

After various attempts at building the rpms from scratch I focused on
epoch. Commenting it out in the libgda spec file got things to install
correctly. Goggling for epoch I found that --promoteepoch can get things
to install. But I think the proper thing to do is to change a Requires
in the devel package

from:

Requires:         %name = %{version}

to:

Requires:         %name = %{epoch}:%{version}

I've tested this and it works for me.