Re: [gnome-db] Oracle provider not closing connections ?

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 06:53, Biswapesh Chattopadhyay wrote:
> Seems to be fixed. However, I'm now getting this on one table:
>
> --------------------------------------
> ADDED TABLE _default_auditing_options_, rdata=0x94d5170
> Position 2: Expected 8, got 14
>
> (mergeant:29858): mergeant-WARNING **: The provider has returned the
> wrong
> number and/or types of data
> for the FIELDS schema description.
> Please contact the provider's maintainer and report the problem.
> --------------------------------------

this is because the types or number of fields doesn't match what
Mergeant expects, which is, for the FIELDS schema (in
mergeant/src/database.c#db_table_load_fields):

rs =  gda_connection_get_schema (GDA_CONNECTION (srv->cnc),
                                 GDA_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_FIELDS,
                                 paramlist);
gda_parameter_list_free (paramlist);
if (rs) {
    if (server_resultset_check_data_model (rs, 9,
                                          GDA_VALUE_TYPE_STRING,
                                          GDA_VALUE_TYPE_STRING,
                                          GDA_VALUE_TYPE_INTEGER,
                                          GDA_VALUE_TYPE_INTEGER,
                                          GDA_VALUE_TYPE_BOOLEAN,
                                          GDA_VALUE_TYPE_BOOLEAN,
                                          GDA_VALUE_TYPE_BOOLEAN,
                                          GDA_VALUE_TYPE_STRING,
                                          -1)) {

which means it expects 9 fields of types STRING, STRING, INTEGER,
INTEGER, BOOL, BOOL, BOOL, STRING. If one of the fields returned by the
Oracle provider doesn't match, it displays that message.