Re: [gnome-db] new release

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 10:35, Nick Gorham wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
> I will add the ODBC stuff I am working on into the new release when its out.
>
> BTW, are there docs that detail the shape of the results sets from the
> schema calls ? I found what the postgres driver does, but it would be
> good to so the reference, and to see just what some of the fields mean.

a brief explanation is at
http://www.gnome-db.org/docs/libgda/libgda-provider-class.html#LIBGDA-PROVIDER-GET-SCHEMA.I think it is up-to-date.

> I take it that the database access is for a database at a time only,

yes, although there is a change_database method that you can implement
if you want to change the current database.

>  is
> it possible to specify owner in a call to get tables ?

yes, the TABLES schema returns:

name, owner, comments, SQL definition

> Are the parameters passed into the schema calls documented anywhere ? I
> have seen the name=table param into metadata_fields, but can you specify
> a owner and or database as well ?

you can't specify them since we haven't needed (= not implemented) them
in the other providers. But if you need them, just make use of them,
just making sure you add the new parameters to the above document.