Re: [gnome-db] New GUI

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 09:42, Vivien Malerba STNA 7FD M204 wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I like the new main GUI you have made, and I think there can be a few
> improvements which would be nice:
> -> add keyboard shortcuts to the entries in the "View" menu

ok

> -> add tooltips to the new icon on the right (the ones which tell the
> user in which page he is and in which transaction mode he is)

that is done, but doesn't work :-( I don't know why, I will investigate
more tonight.

> -> in the "Database menu", allow on the selection of menu items when
> applicable regarding transactions: only "begin" should be accessible
> when no transaction is started and only "commit" and "rollback" when a
> transaction is started.

right, I'll do it

> -> just a suggestion: why not move the transaction status icon right to
> the status bar so it is closer to the actual message about the
> transaction?

I haven't found a way to add icons to the GnomeAppbar widget, apart from
having to deal with the internal widgets and so on, which seems ugly.
So, I thought about the icon area and liked it. Another possibility I
thought was to replace the GnomeAppbar with a GtkStatusBar to which, if
I recall correctly, you can add any kind of widget.

> Also yesterday I tried to compile with GCC 3.2 and I got an error when
> trying to compile libgnomedb (in libgnomedb/libgnomedb); I don't
> remember exactly what the error was but is was something like "cannot
> have -c with -o or -S and multiple compilation". Any idea what this
> means?

I've also found some time ago this, also compiling with gcc3.x, but have
no idea what is it about :-(