Re: [gnome-db] New GUI

Le mer 15/01/2003 à 13:54, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
> On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 09:42, Vivien Malerba STNA 7FD M204 wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I like the new main GUI you have made, and I think there can be a few
> > improvements which would be nice:
> > -> add keyboard shortcuts to the entries in the "View" menu
> >
> ok
>
> > -> add tooltips to the new icon on the right (the ones which tell the
> > user in which page he is and in which transaction mode he is)
> >
> that is done, but doesn't work :-( I don't know why, I will investigate
> more tonight.
>
> > -> in the "Database menu", allow on the selection of menu items when
> > applicable regarding transactions: only "begin" should be accessible
> > when no transaction is started and only "commit" and "rollback" when a
> > transaction is started.
> >
> right, I'll do it
>
> > -> just a suggestion: why not move the transaction status icon right to
> > the status bar so it is closer to the actual message about the
> > transaction?
> >
> I haven't found a way to add icons to the GnomeAppbar widget, apart from
> having to deal with the internal widgets and so on, which seems ugly.
> So, I thought about the icon area and liked it. Another possibility I
> thought was to replace the GnomeAppbar with a GtkStatusBar to which, if
> I recall correctly, you can add any kind of widget.

I leave the decision up to you.

> > Also yesterday I tried to compile with GCC 3.2 and I got an error when
> > trying to compile libgnomedb (in libgnomedb/libgnomedb); I don't
> > remember exactly what the error was but is was something like "cannot
> > have -c with -o or -S and multiple compilation". Any idea what this
> > means?
> >
> I've also found some time ago this, also compiling with gcc3.x, but have
> no idea what is it about :-(

I found the problem: it seems that libgnomedb can optionnaly use
GtkSourceView, and the problem is I don't have it installed, so there is
a @GTKSOURCEVIEW_CFLAGS@ which appears in the command line and gcc
thinks it is a source file or whatever.

Can you add a detection mechanism in configure.in so this flag does not
appear when GtkSourceView is not installed?

Thanks,