Re: [gnome-db] MySQL client API is GPL, not LGPL

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 13:52, Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:
> I recently discovered that MySQL changed the license for their client libs
> to GPL, although it was previously LGPL. But libgda is LGPL. I don't think
> that is possible, if libgda links to the MySQL libs.

right, we suspected this, but haven't had enough time to see what to do.
So, what do people think?

Should we make the MySQL provider just link with the LGPL versions
(3.x.x)? This seems to be the best thing to do, but would there newer
LGPL versions, or from now on all will be GPL?