Re: [gnome-db] Timestamps in mergeant and encoding of strings

* [ Gonzalo Paniagua Javier <gonzalo gnome-db org>
* Fri, 08 Nov 2002 17:12:05 +0100 ]
> Yes, that's the better approach. UTF8 strings to/from teh providers.
> I'll do it for postgres now and do some testing.

Stupid me! I already set unicode (utf-8) as the encoding when open the
connection.

But then, there's a problem and I don't know where to locate it. I have
a table with a few fields. One of them is a varchar. If it has something
like:

'This is a &ntilde; -> ñ'

I see on the screen something like this:

'This is a &ntilde; -> ñ'

Which is the same output i get when converting the first string from
latin1 to utf-8 (and my terminal is not in UTF-8 mode):
------
gpanjav lalo2:~/rfc-es$ iconv -f latin1 -t utf-8 thisis
This is a &ntilde; -> ñ
gpanjav lalo2:~/rfc-es$ echo -e "\033%G"

gpanjav lalo2:~/rfc-es$ iconv -f latin1 -t utf-8 thisis
This is a &ntilde; -> ñ
------

I'm really lost here. Carlos?

--
Gonzalo Paniagua Javier <gonzalo gnome-db org>
http://www.gnome-db.org/~gonzalo/