Re: [gnome-db] Timestamps in mergeant and encoding of strings

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 03:58:10AM +0100, Gonzalo Paniagua Javier wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Trying to insert data in a table that has a timestamp column (postgres) i
> got into some troubles.
>
> First is that the date is MM-DD-YYYY format and the providers sets ISO
> date format on startup (YYYY-MM-DD). After changing the format to be an

Normally the setting for the server should not have any impact. I'll
check that though.

> ISO date, i tried to insert a new value and i got a warning and then
> mergeant crashed.
>
> The warning says that the value is not a timestamp. Indeed. The value is
> a string containing something like: "\timestamp('now'::date)".

At the moment, when you insert or modify data, you can't use functions,
but only values (the widget proposed to enter the timestamp is a date
entry associated to a time entry). Inserting data using functions will be
implemented later.

Cheers,