Re: [gnome-db] Re: Feature requests to get gnome-db working with bonddb

* [ Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
* Sun, 12 May 2002 23:50:11 +0200 ]
> > We implimented gnome-db into bonddb so it now uses it. But it dies real
> > quick when it comes to running it because it doesn't know what the
> > primary keys are.  I can get to work on a basic class object doing some
> > of the simiple
> > functions if I know what fields are primary keys are in a table.
> > And then th next set would be default values so I could add data to the
> > database. After that constraints so I can build up proper class objects.
> >  From
> > there it should be just a matter of tidying up the others to get the
> > non-essentail
> > functions working.  I have some SQL statements for getting approrpirate data
> > from postgresql if that would help the postgresql provider. The easiest way
> > for me to do testing is to get the postgresql provider working with these
> > new functions and then testing the results set against my native postgresql
> > backend.
> >
> I'm sure Gonzalo will appreciate the SQL statements you talk about.
> Gonzalo?

	The postgres provider already returns index information data
	marking those fields that are part of the primary key
	(SCHEMA_INDEXES).

> > Another useful feature, which I havn't fully implimented in my code but
> > would be nice,
> > is knowing what functions arn't and are supported by the provider your
> > using.
> >
> hmm, the postgres provider just returns the list of procs that the user
> can use, AFAIK. We could do that in all providers.

	Yes, it does. Also we can return some additional information
	about parameters of the functions if you want.

--
Gonzalo Paniagua Javier <gonzalo gnome-db org>
http://www.gnome-db.org/~gonzalo/