Re: [gnome-db] Removed GdaRecordset from postgres

* [ Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>
* Wed, 08 May 2002 18:44:14 +0200 ]
> heh, not much use. So I think it's safe to remove it (what about
> libgnomedb and gnome-db?). Or even better, just let's move those
> functions to the GdaDataModel class, since it seems to make sense to
> have a command associated with a data model, right?

	libgnomedb and gnome-db don't use them :-).
	And yes, it makes sense to associate a command with a data
	model. But what command should we put when retrieving schema
	data? The query changes between providers...

> So, I'd remove those calls in GdaRecordset, and move them to the
> GdaDataModel class. Do you agree?

	Yes! I see it much cleaner now. The only question left to go is
	the one i stated above. Once that question gets answered i will
	add those two functions to gda_data_model. Ok?

--
Gonzalo Paniagua Javier <gonzalo gnome-db org>
http://www.gnome-db.org/~gonzalo/