Re: [gnome-db] Re: dwi and libgda

Fernando Martins wrote:

Hi!

I'm a part-time contributor to gASQL and I also follow this list. Regarding
your comments on the HTML problems:

Hmm. I'm not sure what you mean.   If I use glade to design a simple
form, using mostly nothing but gtkentry and gtkbutton, then this should
be fairly straightforward? Or is it that you can't tell what the submit
button is frm glade?

yeah using just gtkentry and button is straight forward.
but i dont have any apps written in bond that are that simple, they all
have a wide
variety of widgets. and somethng like a gtkclist, and esp a gtkdropdown
make
a lot of callbacks.  Ie user changes this widget, these widgets are
depend on it
and must change there values accordingly.  and bang you have to do
another post,
and thats 1-5 seconds delay.  unless someoen knows some fancy arse html
(non
java) way to avoid refreshing widgets with posts.

I would suggest you have a look at http://openthought.net/screenshots.php

I'm not really familiar with it but it came imediately to my mind while I
was reading your comments, so it might not be far away. :)

Another possibility, maybe overkill but still interesting, is to use SashXB
from IBM http://www-124.ibm.com/developerworks/oss/sashxb/

Best of success.

Fernando

PS: btw, gASQL also binds glade forms to a database (but I'm not familiar
with this part of the project to add more comments).
Thanks for the information,  openthought looked very useful.
gASQL is kinda like a ms access for GTK. Its resonbly nice but still awfully
similar to something like native pgAdmin tools etc. but it uses gnome-db!.