Re: [gnome-db] Connection Widget / Other stuff

On Sat, 2002-01-26 at 00:05, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> > The one other thing holding me back is that a GdaConnection
> > does not hold in any the name of it's associated DataSource,
> > preventing me from getting a GdaDataSourceInfo.
> >
> > Is this really missing or am I missing something? If we're
> > short on this, how do you want it to be? Tell me and I'll
> > send you a patch.
> >
> it is missing, because we don't use GDA dsn's for opening connections in
> the GdaConnection object, we use the connection string, as defined in
> the GDA data source. I guess this should be changed, and we should be
> using the GDA data source name, and then have the GdaConnection object
> internally retrieve the connection string for that data source, and send
> it to the provider.
>
> I'll change this right now.

ok, I've fixed that, and now gda_connection_new receives a DSN name, and
not the connection string. Also, I've added more info to the
GdaConnection object:

const gchar   *gda_connection_get_dsn (GdaConnection *cnc);
const gchar   *gda_connection_get_cnc_string (GdaConnection *cnc);
const gchar   *gda_connection_get_provider (GdaConnection *cnc);
const gchar   *gda_connection_get_username (GdaConnection *cnc);
const gchar   *gda_connection_get_password (GdaConnection *cnc);