Re: [gnome-db] Problems making Database Manager run

On Sat, 2002-01-12 at 11:14, Steve Jorgensen wrote:
> Newbie question ...
>
> I'm trying to start playing with gASQL, and I've so far gotten everything
> to work up to the point where I try to run the Database Manager.  When I
> try to run it from the gasql menu, I get an error dialog that says "Can't
> find the Gnome-DB Manager component.", and the console error output is...
>

> Message: OAF error activating component: Nothing matched the requirements
>
> Bonobo-WARNING **: Activation exception 'Unknown CORBA exception id:
> 'IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0''
>

> Next, I tried quitting gASQL, and running gnomedb-mgr from the command line
> with the following results:
>

> Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from (NULL) pointer to 'BonoboObject'
>
> Bonobo-CRITICAL **: file bonobo-running-context.c line 413
> (bonobo_running_contaxt_auto_exit_unref): assertion 'object != NULL'
> failed.

hmm, it seems it is not creating the component factory correctly. Could
you please try to debug the gnomedb-mgr program by yourself? To do so,
just run oaf-slay first, and then run in gdb the gnomedb-mgr binary.

Other things that come to my head right now:
* are the GNOME_DB_*.oaf files correctly installed in /usr/share/oaf?
* what version of bonobo are you running?