Re: [gnome-db] New patch for postgres. Constness. Time, Timestamp, Date.

On Sat, 2002-01-12 at 07:29, Gerhard Dieringer wrote:
> Am 2002.01.10 01:05 schrieb(en) Rodrigo Moya:
> > On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 02:34, Gonzalo Paniagua Javier wrote:
> > > 	Some questions have arised:
> > >
> > > 		-What should the provider do in execute_command() when
> > > 		one of the command of a ';' separated list have failed?
> > > 		Should free the already allocated recordsets and return
> > > 		NULL to show that something failed? Add an error and
> > > 		continue processing the list of commands?
> > >
> > I don't have a strong opinion on this. I personally think you should
> > just fail and return NULL as soon as one of the commands fail. Anyone
> > has any suggestion?
>
> Hi
>
> IMO it should be possible to select one of the tow posibilities.
>
> something like
> on error continue;
> or
> on error abort;

this is indeed a nice idea. We could just add a 'flags' parameter to the
execute_command function on the client side, with which you can specify
those error conditions (on error ... abort/continue), and have the
client select which one it wants.

I'll add a bug to bugzilla about this right now.