Re: [gnome-db] Configuring GnomeDB/libgda

On Wed, 2002-01-09 at 17:30, Sommerseth David wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've downloaded and compiled both the GnomeDB and libgda ... but how the
> heck do you configure database connections so I can use the connections
> in gnumeric or gASQL ...
>
> I can find a lot of details about development how to include this
> library into my own programs ... I might want to do that sometime ...
> but not now ... Now I just want to use the connections in Gnumeric.
>
> Well, I've tried the gda-test program and it works!! (Yippie!) But how
> to use the libgda/gnome-db a little bit further ... Don't worry about
> the Gnumeric integration ... I just want to configure gnome-db/libgda
>
> Can you please help me ... just point me the way ... does it exist a FAQ
> or HOWTO somewhere (I prefer an English version)

Just open gnomedb-fe, go to the Manager tab, and select the 'New
datasource' button (in the small toolbatr). This will start a wizard
that will guide you through all the process of adding a new data source.
Then you can use this data source from any program, such as gnumeric.