Re: [gnome-db] Configuring GnomeDB/libgda

>> I've downloaded and compiled both the GnomeDB and libgda ... but how the
>> heck do you configure database connections so I can use the connections
>> in gnumeric or gASQL ...
>> I can find a lot of details about development how to include this
>> library into my own programs ... I might want to do that sometime ...
>> but not now ... Now I just want to use the connections in Gnumeric.
>> Well, I've tried the gda-test program and it works!! (Yippie!) But how
>> to use the libgda/gnome-db a little bit further ... Don't worry about
>> the Gnumeric integration ... I just want to configure gnome-db/libgda
>> Can you please help me ... just point me the way ... does it exist a FAQ
>> or HOWTO somewhere (I prefer an English version)
>Just open gnomedb-fe, go to the Manager tab, and select the 'New
>datasource' button (in the small toolbatr). This will start a wizard
>that will guide you through all the process of adding a new data source.
>Then you can use this data source from any program, such as gnumeric.

1. Select the region you wish to fill with data

2. With this region selected enter the execSQL function
   Do ***NOT*** press <Enter>
3. Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter

In eldar days one often had to Ctrl-Shift-Enter twice.

Let me know how well this works.  I haven't tried it with a "recent"
version of Gnumeric so I'm curious if this is still the procedure.

=execSQL("gda_DSN", "username", "password", "select * from yomama")

Ximian GNOME, Evolution, LTSP, and RedHat Linux + LVM & XFS