Re: [gnome-db] Congratulations to you all -> PostgreSQL 7.3 questions

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 18:03, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> Le Jeudi 12 Décembre 2002 17:37, Rodrigo Moya a écrit :
> > no new 7.3 features are yet implemented, AFAIK.
>
> CREATE SCHEMA, ALTER VIEW and DROP COLUMN have been implemented, along with
> several enhancements. This makes PostgreSQL by far the most advanced free
> database.

I mean they are not implemented yet in libgda, not in PostgreSQL.

> Libgda has a flat structure, do you think it is able to support schema?

the way we retrieve information from the database is so generic that
adding new types is very easy. So, yes, it is able to support schemas,
although, please, could you explain me a bit better what schemas mean in
PostgreSQL 7.3?