Re: [gnome-db] Congratulations to you all -> PostgreSQL 7.3 questions

On Thu, Dec 12, 2002 at 05:37:01PM +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 16:36, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I just installed Mergeant and would like to congratulate you all for this
> > wonderful job. I use Mergeant with PostgreSQL 7.2 and plan to install
> > PostgreSQL 7.3. My questions :
> >
> > 1) Does Mergeant support PostgreSQL 7.3 schema features? What PostgreSQL 7.3
> > features are missing?
> >
> no new 7.3 features are yet implemented, AFAIK.

I'm working on it now in the libgda provider. For the purpose of the new
"schema" feature I've created a new feature name
(GDA_CONNECTION_FEATURE_NAMESPACES) which will return TRUE only for
postgres >=7.3, and also a new GDA_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_NAMESPACES which
will return all the "schemas" (I will use the namespace term instead to
avoid confusion with the libgda'schemas).

I'll try to provide a patch tomorrow.

For mergeant, I'll also do the modifications (creating a DbNamespace
object to make sure we don't mix database objects from different
namespaces).

Tell me if you agree with this way of proceeding.

> > 2) During initialization, a box displayed "Function initialization" or the
> > like. I see no function icon to write PLpgSQL. Do I miss something ?
> >
> do you mean a UI interface in mergeant to create new
> functions/procedures or edit existing ones? If so, no, we don't have
> that yet.

This is one of the features I'd definitely need...

> > [Mergeant is the most promissing tool I saw for a while].
> >
> cool! nice to hear this

Thanks!

Cheers,