Re: [gnome-db] refactoring completed

On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 14:51, Andrew Hill wrote:

> So if you cool with this style of coding i'll proceed. Its on my cvs
> server at the
> moment, i'll give you a tar/gz when i get something working.
> Hit me with feature requests early.

ok, we'll add it to GNOME CVS server, if you agree, so that we can
automagically include it into libgda sources, but at the same time keep
it as a separated module.

For the coding style, I think you should change it to the GNOME style
(see libgda/HACKING or http://developer.gnome.org/). If you use emacs, I
can send you my .emacs file, and with it loaded, you'll be able to
change all the style in a second.

In fact, the only different thing I see in your code from the GNOME
style, are the brackets:

	if (whatever)
		{
		}

this, with the GNOME style should be:

	if (whatever) {
	}

the rest (8-spaces TAB as indent) looks exactly the same style.

> >I think for the time being we are safe in only supporting standard SQL.
> >

> >>Anyway I'll be writing hte code over next 3 weeks, to get it up to
> >>scratch.  I only
> >>SQL92 but if your familiar with lex your welcome to add in more.
> >>
> >cool! Having the SQL parser will allow us to add a lot of new features
> >to libgda/libgnomedb/gnome-db, so, please, just tell us how many beers
> >you need until you finish the parser, and we'll send them to you :-)
> >
> >cheers
> >
> lo. I think i code better under the influence of alchole, or so i
> thought last
> friday.  though dont try and read the cvs log entries for that night,
> they become
> quite unreadable by the end of it.

:-) Hopefully it's just your private CVS server? :-/

> Anyway I'll start asking for some
> features
> in gnome-db.

ok, just say them :-)