[gnome-db] dwi and libgda

Hi

(For those who don't know, I've been talking with Linas about
integrating his work in DWI - http://www.linas.org/linux/dwi/ - and
libgda)

(And also, for Linas, just in case you don't know: We've removed all
CORBA dependencies from libgda, so it is now a
glib-and-libxml-only-based library, tiny and with the same features it
had when CORBA-based.)

Well, as Linas know already, I haven't had time to look much into DWI,
so I'm sending it to the list in the hope that somebody will volunteer
to look at DWI and see how the integration can be done.

So far, from what I've understood, we could (Linas, please correct me if
I'm wrong):

* integrate the non-UI form and report stuff in DWI into libgda, making
a GdaForm and GdaReport classes to manage them. There's a non-UI engine
for managing those forms/reports in DWI, so it's that part what I'm
talking about.

* integrate that form/report engine into the GNOME-DB widgets. On this,
Linas doesn't seem to agree, since he is doing DWI with plain GTK
widgets, not with specialized ones (like the ones we've got ->
GnomeDbGrid, GnomeDbList, etc)

* add properties/support/whatever to all GnomeDb widgets so that all
their behavior can be specified at design time in Glade. That is, we
should be able to create, in Glade, a window with a GnmomeDbForm widget
on it, and from Glade, specify the connection parameters, the SQL
command, etc, that form will need to work. For this, again, a lot of the
work that Linas has done should be used.

So, so far, that's what I've got (sorry Linas, it's not much more from
what we already talked, but hopefully more detailed discussion will
continue in the list)