Re: [gnome-db] a couple of questions

Holger Thon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry for not responding to the other sybase related mails. I'm
> very busy at the moment, so i'm happy you are dealing with it.

that's fine.  I've only been able to work on it on and off the last couple of
weeks. =-)

> At the moment not. I thought about it, but found no quick solution
> and have not gotten that deep into gda-code yet, to add a list-feature
> for resultsets. Meanwhile i discarded all result-sets beyond the first
> (using CS_CANCEL) to avoid the connection to be blocked, because sybase
> ocli blocks a connection until all resultsets are fetched.

that's fine.  I'll just discard the other result sets for now.

> The error handling was splitted into a callback-based error handling using
> the open-client library calls directly (wanted to switch to that), and a
> manual error handling. You can remove any of both, as you wish. The easiest
> way is to search for the SYB_CHK_ERR macro i wrote to switch to either of
> both without much changes.
>
> If you've got any questions regarding the sybase code itself, you can
> contact me. :-)

I'm going to cut all the inline error handling out and use the callback method.  I
have all the message callbacks put all the messages into a list and check the list
after the ct lib calls.

mike