Re: [gnome-db] A very empty gnomedb-fe

le lun 05-11-2001  ?3:26, Rodrigo Moya a ?rit :
> On Mon, 2001-11-05 at 20:02, Aditya Gilra wrote:
> > ||Shriharih||
> >
> > God-Remembrance.
> >
> > > ?? what version are you using? It should be
> > > installing stuff in
> > > $(datadir)/oaf, where $datadir is, normally,
> > > $prefix/share. Maybe you
> > > had some problem with the configure script?
> >
> > I'm using 0.2.92 (I've done configure so many times
> > that I don't have any outputs).
> >
> > I untarred everything again, did a configure with
> > --prefix=/usr, hand-removed the old stuff from
> > /usr/local.
> >
> > OK. I got gasql working fine. I could get the
> > gnomedb-mgr running from gasql and configured up a
> > DSN, etc. It was good.
> >
> > ----------> BUT, gnomedb-fe is still as empty as
> > before.
> > NOW what am I doing wrong. I even did a system restart
> > but same problem.
> >
> hmm, weird. Are now all the .oaf files in /usr/share/oaf?
>
> Could you run oaf-slay, and then start gnomedb-fe in a terminal and send
> me the output. Hopefully there will be some error messages that can help
> us tracking down the problem. If this doesn't give you any message, just
> run gnomedb-components from a terminal, and see the output
>
> > ---------> A few minor ones with gasql also.
> > 1) gnomedb-mgr keeps running after I quit gasql.
> > I need to kill it to access it after running gasql
> > again else gasql hangs.
> >
> That's a reference problem in gASQL. It should, when it no longer uses
> the component, to unref it, which is what the gnomedb-fe does. I'll have
> a look at the gASQL code.

Well, I know for sure that it's not unref'ed and I'll change it in the
next version (I'm doing some very big internal changes at the moment).

> > 2) I'm unable to edit any tuple in a table. After
> > editing, I press save and it says -
> > 'There is no data to be modified. The modifiations
> > have been cancelled.' And all my changes are gone.
> >
> that's Vivien who could better answer your question. Vivien?

Please give me the details of what you did (from where you started, what
got displayed, etc), and I'll try to help.

Cheers,