Re: [gnome-db] A very empty gnomedb-fe

On Tue, 2001-11-06 at 05:32, Aditya Gilra wrote:
> > Could you run oaf-slay, and then start gnomedb-fe in
> > a terminal and send
> > me the output. Hopefully there will be some error
> > messages that can help
> > us tracking down the problem. If this doesn't give
> > you any message, just
> > run gnomedb-components from a terminal, and see the
> > output
>
> ran oaf-slay. gnomedb-fe starts up with no errors. But
> empty.
>
> I killed gconfd-1 and oaf-slayed oafd and ran
> gnomedb-fe. gnomedb-fe restarted both with no errors
> and ran empty.
>
> gnomedb-components restarts only oafd and registers
> successfully.
> Have to Ctrl-C it to come out though.

and if you start gnomedb-components on a terminal, and then run
gnomedb-fe, is it still empty?

> > which version of Glade are you using? I remember I
> > did some changes to
> > Glade in CVS to make it work with latest GNOME-DB,
> > and I'm not sure if
> > there's been a release containing those changes.
> > Maybe you should get
> > Glade from CVS, which compiles perfectly well with
> > GNOME-DB
> > 0.2.92/0.2.93
> >

> glade 0.6.2 . Saw your messages on the glade-list.
> Before I get the glade from cvs, I want to confirm if
> libglade 0.17 will work with cvs glade??? libglade
> presently works with glade 0.6.2.

hmm, I don't know, but I suppose the best thing would be to also use
libglade from CVS. Although try first with the 0.17 tarball you've got,
and if it does not work, try with CVS. And if CVS does not work, tell me
and I'll fix it.