Re: [gnome-db] libglade has fewer widgets than cvs glade

On Tue, 2001-11-06 at 15:02, Aditya Gilra wrote:
> ||Shriharih||
>
> God-Remembrance.
>
> > hmm, I don't know, but I suppose the best thing
> > would be to also use
> > libglade from CVS. Although try first with the 0.17
> > tarball you've got,
> > and if it does not work, try with CVS. And if CVS
> > does not work, tell me
> > and I'll fix it.
>
> Got the cvs glade and it's running fine. I didn't know
> there were so many more gnome-db widgets.
>
> But cvs libglade is totally gnome2-ized. Won't go into
> that now. I have only a dial-up and can't afford too
> muh downloading.

that's CVS HEAD. You should download the stable branch, which you can
find by running:

cvs -z3 status -v configure.in

this will show a list of all the branches there are. The first one that
appears (which is the last created), is the stable branch.
Although, if it works with the tarball you've got, just forget about
CVS.

> I'm using libglade 0.17. It's compiled and installed
> and working with cvs glade. But there aren't so many
> cool widgets. Here's the list libglade 0.17 's got -
>
> 	{ "GnomeDbLogin",       dblogin_new,        NULL},
> 	{ "GnomeDbDsnConfig",   dbdsnconfig_new,    NULL},
> 	{ "GnomeDbBrowser",     dbbrowser_new,      NULL},
> 	{ "GnomeDbGrid",        dbgrid_new,         NULL},
> 	{ "GnomeDbDataset",     dbdataset_new,      NULL},
> 	{ "GnomeDbCombo",       dbcombo_new,        NULL},
> 	{ "GnomeDbList",        dblist_new,         NULL},
> 	{ "GnomeDbReport",      dbreport_new,       NULL},
> 	{ "GnomeDbIconList",    dbiconlist_new,     NULL},
> 	{ "GnomeDbError",       dberror_new,        NULL},
>

> Note that the two dialogs are missing.
> cvs libglade justs adds these 2 dialogs also.

yes, Glade support is more complete than in libglade. That's one of the
things I added to Glade recently (well, I did the cvs commit, but it was
another person who did it)

> Can you add the rest into a 0.17 patch as well as into
> cvs libglade???

If I had time, I would do it right now :-) Anyway, I put it on my TODO
list.