Re: [gnome-db]0.2.4 (Trying out the CVS)

On 11 May 2001 13:19:18 -0300, Cleber Rodrigues Rosa Junior wrote:
> > -----<make process excerp>---------------------------------------------
> > Making all in pt_BR
> > make[3]: Entering directory `/tmp/gnome-db/doc/pt_BR'
> > db2html gnome-db.sgml
> > TMPDIR is DBTOHTML_OUTPUT_DIR28498
> >
> > input file was called gnome-db.sgml -- output will be in gnome-db
> >
> > working on ../gnome-db.sgml
> > jade:../gnome-db.sgml:91:42:E: general entity "GnomeDb" not defined and no
> > default entity
> > jade:../gnome-db.sgml:387:0:E: character data is not allowed here
> > about to copy cascading stylesheet and admon graphics to temp dir
> > about to rename temporary directory to gnome-db
> > -----<end of excerp>--------------------------------------------
>
> This one has to do with the recently added translation (by me), right?
> I'd like to know
> if this is my fault (like an unclosed tag or something like that) so
> that I can fix. Or is it
> something related to directory structure and automake stuff?

yes, there was a missing closing " in the html_page_footer call. So, an
unclosed string.

> > The wizard in gomedb-fe lets me create a data source using the default provider
> > (if the directory already exists). But clicking OK on the connect dialog locks
> > up that dialog box,  although the gnomedb-fe window still responds.  But I can
> > keep clicking Connect and get more and more dialog boxes.  I can also exit out
> > of gnomedb-fe and while it closes all the connect dialog boxes stay.
> >

> Rodrigo, this is exactly the problem I was talking about. The same happens to me.

hmm, weird. Could you (both of you) start the gnomedb-fe, and then, open a gdb
session on the running gnomedb-components process (which is the one that
opens the dialog box), put a breakpoint on the open_connection_cb
function, and run it step by step when it gets to this point? This way,
we'll see where it's blocking.

Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org> <rodrigo ximian com>
http://www.gnome-db.org/